Performing Arts Programs
Early intervention can help you recover from pain that keeps you from progressing in your art. Our one-on-one evaluation sessions put you into the care of an expert performing arts physical therapist who will give you a custom plan to get you safely back up on your feet…and keep you there.
Do you have an injury or pain that limits your ability to perform?
- Our performing arts specialist will perform a comprehensive evaluation that includes dance-specific assessments. From there, she will educate you on the findings and develop a customized plan to get you back on stage.
- All sessions are fully one-on-one with our Performing Arts Physical Therapist.
- No script needed for up to 8 visits.
The best injuries are the ones you don’t sustain in the first place. This one-hour session gives you instant feedback on form, joint control, balance, and more. You’ll leave empowered with the tools you need to avoid injuries and be a stronger performer.
The Injury Prevention and Wellness Screening is an 1-hour comprehensive assessment performed by our performing arts specialist. It includes an assessment of the performer’s alignment, turnout, range of motion, strength, flexibility, joint mobility, control, balance, technique, and dance-specific movements. The screening identifies areas of weakness or limitation that keep you from reaching your goals.
- Performers are provided with an individualized exercise.
- For best results, bundle with Dance Prehab Training.
- We recommend yearly screenings at the beginning of each dance year to help establish goals and reduce the likelihood of an injury interrupting your training.
- Injury Prevention & Wellness Screenings are wellness services and do not qualify for insurance reimbursement.
Our personalized Pointe Readiness Screening program can guide you to better see and understand your strengths and weaknesses to help you fully prepare for pointe dance. We’ll evaluate mobility, control, and strength and provide a detailed summary of our findings to you and, at your request, your instructor.
Dance-specific evaluation including a battery of research-supported tests to determine if you have the strength, mobility, and control needed for pointe work.
- Dancers will be provided with an individualized exercise program to address areas of concern.
- We can provide a summary of the findings for your ballet instructor. (Consent required)
- Bundle with Dance Prehab Training to meet your pointe dance goals faster.
- Pointe Readiness Screening isa wellness service and does not qualify for insurance reimbursement.
Dance Prehab is dance-specific strength, conditioning, and technique training under the direction and supervision of a Dance Medicine PT. It targets the muscle groups and mobility needed to dance at your best!
- Whatever your goal, Dance Prehab can help! Get your jumps higher, your turns cleaner, improve your turnout, become more flexible and get stronger to become a better performer.
- Dance Prehab Training is a wellness service and does not qualify for insurance reimbursement.
- One on One Sessions:
- Dancers must have completed an Injury Prevention Screening or Physical Therapy with our Performing Arts Specialist prior to starting Prehab training to allow the sessions to be customized to the dancer’s needs.
- Dance Prehab is geared toward helping you meet your individual goals.
- Group Sessions and In-Studio Classes:
- General classes are available for groups at Fusion PT or at your studio.
These classes have been developed to target the specific muscle groups and movements that dancers need to perform at their best.
- Vocal Wellness services include assessment and treatment of the soft tissue structures that impact the voice to reduce tension, improve vocal quality, and allow you to sing and speak without discomfort. Our Performing Arts Specialist will also assess the motion of your jaw, hyoid bone, and posture when singing to address any functional asymmetries or dysfunctions to allow you to perform at your best.
- Vocal Wellness sessions are a wellness service and do not qualify for insurance reimbursement.
- If you are currently having pain in your jaw, neck or back when singing, please schedule a physical therapy evaluation, instead of a Vocal Wellness session. Physical Therapy sessions may be covered by your insurance.
*For dance companies and groups*
Our Performing Arts Program offers workshops to studios and instructors. Our Performing Arts Specialist is passionate about teaching and will work with you to customize a workshop to meet your needs.
- Current Workshops include:
- Injury Prevention and Management
- Dynamic Warm-up
- Anatomy for Dancers
- More workshops are coming soon!
- Offered in studio or at Fusion Physical Therapy
Fusion PT will provide individualized injury prevention programs in our clinic or expert-led group Injury Prevention Clinics at your location. Injury prevention clinics address sport-specific strength and mobility needs, technique correction, nutrition education, load management discussion, and equipment review.
Fusion PT’s custom-design a readiness assessment that combines components of the FMS and SFMA, along with sport-specific skills assessment for your group or team.
Fusion offers weekly Strength And Conditioning classes at our Roswell office. Class format varies and can include circuit training, free weights, and body weight exercises.
Have you thought about joining a CrossFit or other Powerlifting gym but don’t know if your body is ready for it? Schedule an assessment with our lifting specialists to find out what you need to work on to be successful in a weightlifting environment.
What’s holding you back from running your best race? Are there hidden factors contributing to the nagging injuries you get when you try to build mileage? Sign up for our run technique assessment and you will learn adjustments you can make quickly to improve your run, exercises that will help you run stronger and without injury, and pointers on adjusting your training program to avoid injury.
You don’t have to have an injury to benefit from physical therapy! Fusion physical therapists can assist you in attaining a higher level of function by improving your mobility, muscular strength and control, and sport technique.
Have you ever been injured while trying a yoga class? Do you want to do yoga, but are not sure if it is safe for you? Do you need modifications to yoga poses because of injuries? Fusion offers individualized yoga instruction to address these concerns.
Sign up for more information
Book an appointment today, and see how science-driven pain relief and patient-focused care can move you from pain to performance.